The Real Estate Department at Goddard Systems, Inc. (GSI) welcomes your inquiries if you have property that meets our build-to-suit criteria for childcare business locations in both suburban and metropolitan areas. Please review the requirements below.
A prospective suburban franchise site for a Goddard School must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- A prototype building size of 8,500 square feet;
- A playground area with a minimum of 5,000 square feet of exterior sod play area (for a typical suburban school);
- A minimum lot size of one acre with at least 150 feet of frontage;
- A 15-year lease term with two five-year options;
- Zoning that permits childcare;
- A paved parking area for at least 32 cars.
The following site conditions are considered desirable for our childcare business locations:
- Residential, community, neighborhood business areas, office/corporate campuses and retail pad sites;
- Locations near an open, planned or under construction elementary school;
- Locations near single-family home construction and existing homes with high resale value.
The following site conditions are not considered desirable:
- Sites near high-tension power lines or electrical sub-stations;
- Ground leases.